Following water damage or flooding, your business may have another serious problem; mold. Mold is one of the worst toxic contaminants, and it can grow indoors on wet or damp surfaces such as ceiling tiles, carpets, insulation material, wood and drywall. Mold can start to grow within 48 hours after a flood or other water damage, and if left unchecked, can have a serious impact on the health of building occupants as well as on the physical structure of your commercial property.

If you have a mold problem, you want professional help to get your business back to normal as soon as possible. Contact the industry-leading mold removal experts, ServiceMaster Restore of Central and North Okanagan. We’re here to professionally remove mold from your commercial property and minimize interruption to your business during the process.



Mold gradually destroys whatever it grows on and can grow anywhere including:

  • Drywall
  • Ceiling tiles
  • HVAC system
  • Carpets
  • Insulation materials
  • Furnishings and equipment


Mold in the workplace has the potential to cause health concerns such as:

  • Headaches
  • Fatigue
  • Nausea
  • Breathing difficulties
  • Allergic reactions
  • Aggravation of asthma symptoms
  • Skin irritation

Some molds, such as toxic black mold, can cause more serious reactions and illnesses including:

  • Respiratory problems
  • Chronic coughing
  • Rashes
  • Organ toxicity
  • Hypersensitivity reactions



Mold growth can occur following water damage or flooding. Fast, efficient action is essential for effective mold removal, and especially in the case of black mold. ServiceMaster Restore of Central and North Okanagan can put a stop to toxic mold growth in your commercial facility by eliminating the water source and implementing rapid drying. You can rely on us for professional mold removal to get your business back to normal in the shortest time possible.


ServiceMaster Restore of Central and North Okanagan: AN INDUSTRY-LEADING MOLD REMEDIATION SERVICE PROVIDER

With years of experience and expertise, our company is a leader in the mold removal and mold remediation industry. Our mold remediation services use the most advanced techniques, products and equipment in the business, not just to clean, but to effectively eradicate the presence of harmful mold in your commercial property. Our highly trained technicians assess each situation and establish the most effective mold removal procedures to meet the needs of your particular commercial property. In addition to providing exceptional mold removal services, you can also count on ServiceMaster Restore of Central and North Okanagan to communicate clearly and effectively with you and throughout the process.



Because mold can start growing within 48 hours, it's important to respond quickly to flooding and other water damage. We use professional and highly effective drying techniques and monitoring tools to measure temperature, humidity and moisture content to test, assess, remove and remediate mold. Taking immediate action can make the difference between a small problem and a much larger, costly and more difficult to remedy situation due to mold growth.

Make sure your work environment is healthy and free of toxic mold, by contacting ServiceMaster Restore of Central and North Okanagan for professional mold removal services immediately following any incidences of water damage, or as soon as you see mold or experience unpleasant musty odours in your commercial facility. Beginning mold assessment and removal procedures as soon as possible will prevent potential health hazards and further damage to your property.

Contact ServiceMaster Restore of Central and North Okanagan today for professional mold removal services. You can trust us to help prevent potential health risks and long-term damage to your business property due to mold growth.




A small patch of mold on a wall often can be removed without professional help, but for larger mold issues and toxic black mold removal, leave it to the professionals for safe and effective mold clean up. Our technicians are professionally trained in comprehensive mold remediation and employ the safest, most effective techniques for solving any mold issue. Our teams regularly handle small (ten square feet or less) areas affected by mold as well as larger commercial industrial spaces.



Usually, if it smells like mold, it is mold. Mold or mildew odours are due to the presence of fungi in the air, inside pipes or walls, or hidden in other parts of your commercial property. Mold is thicker than mildew, so if the smell is particularly strong, that’s a clue that it’s mold and you need to act fast to prevent further growth.

Related Content

What causes mold?

Excess moisture caused by leaks or flooding in your commercial property — especially in typically damp environments like the kitchen and bathrooms — creates the perfect breeding ground for mold or mildew. To control and reduce the risk for mold growth in these areas, you must properly maintain your plumbing system and monitor any appliances in your facility that use large quantities of water, such as dish washers. Small amounts of indoor mold are unavoidable and usually harmless. In damp environments, however, mold spores can more easily reproduce and cause more serious and difficult to remove mold problems.

How does mold spread?

For molds to grow and reproduce, they need a damp environment and an organic food source, such as cellulose, which is found in many building materials such as wood, drywall, ceiling tiles, and other household materials such as carpeting and fabrics. Mold can also grow in the HVAC system, roof, foundation, and other areas where the environment encourages mold growth.

Mold Prevention after Water Damage

While water damage can be a serious enough issue on its own, it can lead to even greater issues if the damage is not dealt with properly.  Water damage from flooding or from firefighting efforts can lead to the development of mold, which is d